EFFECTIVE DATE: July 10, 2020
SPORTTU, LLC. (“SPORTTU”) THE ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE. SPORTTU builds the ultimate fan app (mobile and web) experience for telecommunications and media companies, sports teams and leagues, federations, universities, athletes and brands. Our partners have access to the SPORTTU global sports content engine and unique digital tools which create a comprehensive, customizable and personalized fan experience.
(SPORTTU is a wholly owned subsidiary of Icaro Media Group, Inc.)
We value your privacy, and we want you to understand what information we collect about you, and how we will use and disclose that information. Our Site is an open network; that means that, subject to certain privacy settings, any information that you post is visible by all other members of our Site. Other members of our Site also can put comments on the pages that you create.
We want our forum to be a place where sports enthusiasts can openly share their views, but we want to encourage honesty and good sportsmanship. To reach this end, each of your posts will be associated with your registered name.
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the Application, or using any of our Services, you agree that we will use your personal information as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site, Application, or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site, Application, and Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
You may view certain portions of our Site/Application without registering with us. Other portions of our Site/Application require registration. We will collect the following information about you as you use our Services.
- Registration Information. If you would like to create a page for you or your team, or to post a comment about an athlete on our Site or through our Application, then you must register with us. When you register, we will collect your full name, email address, country, and birthdate.
- Profile Information and Other User Submissions. Once you are registered, you may choose to create a user profile, which may include your date of birth, interests, sports information, hobbies, groups (e.g., schools, companies), and any other information that you choose to include in your profile (“Profile Information”). You also may post comments and otherwise interact with our Site, Application, and Services. This information is provided at your discretion.
- Transaction Information. If you make a purchase, we also will collect billing and shipping information (e.g., credit card number/mailing address).
Unless requested, we will not store your credit card information. We may combine the other information that we collect from and about you, either individually in the aggregate, and use as discussed below.
Information that We Collect About You from Third Parties.
- Social Networking Sites. Currently, you may log onto our Services through Facebook. We may add the option to log onto our Services through other social networking sites. If you log onto our Services through Facebook, we will ask that you grant us permission to access your: (i) basic information; (ii) email address; (iii) profile information (birthday, education history, hometown, interests, likes, location, and work history); (iv) friends’ profile information (birthdays, education histories, locations and work histories); (v) events shared with you; and (vi) status updates shared with you. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
- Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
- Information We Collect About You From Other Third Parties. Members of our Services may post information about other athletes on our Site and our Application. Among other examples, an athlete’s sponsor may post information about the athletes that it sponsors, or may post a sponsor logo the pages of the athletes that it sponsors. A team also may post a page its team and include postings about the individual athletes on that team.
We store the information that we collect about you from third parties with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We collect information about you automatically as you use our Services.
- Our Site. We automatically collect information about your use of our Services as you move through our Site, including, your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- Our Application. We also may collect the following information about your use of the Application: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our Application.
How We Use Your Information
We primarily use your information (including the information that you give to us directly, personal information, information that you post on our Site (such as your submissions), and information that we collect about you automatically) to provide our Services to you. We also may use your information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your comments/questions, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer services purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site, Application, or our Services.
- To notify you. For example, we will send you an email when someone has chosen to follow you.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- For contests, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, Application, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, Application, and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, for other research and analytical purposes, and for security purposes.
- We may aggregate and compile the information that you post on our Site, and we may share this information with third parties.
- To protect ourselves and other users of our Services.
How We Share Your Information/What Information About You Is Publicly Available
Our Services offer a public forum for the exchange of information. The information that you post to our Site and Application generally is public information, which will be available by any uses of our Site and Application. We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Other Users of Our Services/Following Users. Registered users may search for other members using various criteria, such as name, email, schools and/or companies where the member has attended/worked. Search engines also may index the portion of a member’s profile (including the Profile Information it contains) that is publicly displayed. Our Services are designed for users to share information with one another. At SPORTTU, we do not assign a user name; rather, you registered name is your user name. All posts that you make will be accompanied by your registered name, and will be viewable by all other members of our Services. You may choose to follow other athletes, and we will notify the athlete that you are following him/her.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including message board administration, order fulfillment, statistical analysis, data processing, as well as contractors, agents, or sponsors who assist us with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to you, including customer mailing lists and email address, among other user data. If you are a California resident, please see our special notice below regarding this information disclosure. We also may share your information, including your user submissions, either individually, aggregated, or compilations with third parties for their use, consistent with our Terms of Service. We also may share information obtained through cookies and other tracking devices with third parties so that we may target appropriate ads to you.
We also may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect about you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We also may share aggregate or de-identified data about users with third parties (including, participating schools, sponsors, researchers, and other non-affiliated third parties) for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
What Choices Do I Have About the Use of My Personal Information?
- Marketing. We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
- Updating Registration or Profile Information/Postings. You may update your registration and Profile Information by logging into your account and selecting “Edit Profile.” Please note that copies of the data that you have deleted may remain in our system for a period of time. You also may flag comments posted on our Services if you think they are inappropriate or inaccurate, but you may not remove comments that other people have posted to our Services.
- Access to Your Page. Depending upon your membership level, you may control certain account settings by logging into your account and selecting “Edit Profile.”
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
- Third Party Cookies/Online Tracking. We may engage third parties to track and analyze Site and Application data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site and Application usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects.
We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics.
We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, our Application. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. We do not share your personal information with these third party analytic providers.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links. If you opt-out, you also may continue to receive banner ads on our Application.
User Generated Content
As stated above, if you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site and Application. Your posting will become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Third-Party Links and Applications
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Accessing Your Personal Information and Deleting Your Account
You may access and modify your Profile Information by logging into your account and selecting “Edit Profile.” You also may update any information that you have posted about other athletes. If you would like to delete your profile you may do so by sending a deletion request email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Notice to Non-U.S. Users of our Services
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Site and Application, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States, which does not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in your country. Your consent is voluntary. If, however, you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or emailing registered users at the address we have in our files.
ICARO™ Announces Partnership with Astral Digital for Premium Original Digital Content to over 50M+ Users
AI-Powered Media App to Deliver Astral Digital’s Brands to TIM NEWS Customers in Brazil New York, NY, July 22, 2021 -- ICARO™ Media Group, Inc., (ICARO™), a global digital media and technology company, today announces that it has entered into an agreement with Astral...
Join Our Newsletter